THE FIND


My two year search for the Lyman came to an end when Greg Ross, friend and owner of Laylah II a sister ship 31' Ericson Independence emailed me that he had found a Lyman Runabout for sale on the Wooden Boat Forum Facebook page, see posting and sales photos below.

A friend of our is hoping to sell his 18' Lyman

Here are his words about the boat "When we live in Indiana I purchased this boat in Ohio about 25 years ago with the intention of refinishing it,I started but I never got it done.
It has always been kept under roof of some kind, here I have it under a carport roof. All original parts are present but some, like the front seat port and starboard "half doors", are detached and stored elsewhere. A sharp-eyed potential buyer noticed that in one of the pictures. There is no rotten wood that I know of but the finish inside and outside is in bad shape. I have manually cranked the engine at least once a year while squirting oil into the spark plug openings, so the engine is not frozen up.The gas tank is dry.
The trailer was assembled by me from used and new parts and I had the entire thing galvanized. 
Why was the boat not finished by me? Other matters had priority and I am no longer up to the task for health reasons.
Any questions, please ask below.smile e











Comments